Map & Logistics
Some things to consider prior to the tour…
- Cultivate C’ville tours will be held rain or shine at 9:30am, 10:30am, and 11:30am. Please dress appropriately for the weather. Sturdy shoes, close-toed shoes, hats, sunscreen, and a water bottle are all recommended.
- While touring garden sites, please stay on the paths indicated. Do not pick or eat any items growing in the gardens.
- Please leave pets at home. Service dogs are the only animals permitted at the tour sites.
- Families with children are most welcome on the tour. Please supervise children closely.
- Restrooms are available at City Schoolyard Gardens, Urban Agriculture Collective of Charlottesville, and Casa Alma.
- Stroller and wheelchair accessibility varies by site. Please see individual garden descriptions for information on garden paths or contact gardens directly for more details.
- Visitors are encouraged to carpool, bike, bus, and walk to garden sites!
Click the full screen icon in the top, right-hand corner of the map for full screen viewing. Click the pin in the legend on the left for more information about each site, including location, site description, restrooms, accessibility, and parking.
Scroll down in the legend and click the icon for more information on parking and bus stops for each site. Click + sign in the bottom, left corner to zoom in for more detail. Maps are fun!
Addresses & Parking
City Schoolyard Garden at Buford Middle School: 1000 Cherry Avenue. Park in the Buford Middle School lot.
Urban Agriculture Collective of Charlottesville: Corner of Monticello Avenue and 6th St SE. Park on either Monticello Ave or 6th Street. Please use caution when crossing Monticello Avenue.
Casa Alma: 911 Nassau Street. Park on either side of Nassau Street.
New Roots Garden at 4th St.: 4th St. SW, north of Dice St. Park on Dice Street. Overflow parking in the Noland Company lot on Ridge Street. Volunteers will direct visitors.
5th St. Community Garden: 5th St SW between Berring and Bailey Road. Park on either side of Bailey Road, south of the garden area.